To faithfully present our Creator’s design for our bodies and to help Christian youth and young adults follow Jesus with their sexuality.
To see a generation embrace a holistic and Christ-centered view of sex, sexuality, and gender.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- There is only one eternal, sovereign God who exists in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- God created the heavens and the earth and declared his creation to be good.
- All humans have sinned and live with a sin nature, which prevents them from rendering pleasing obedience to God on their own.
- All humans, though marred by sin, bear God’s image and are therefore worthy of dignity and honor.
- Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin and was both fully God and fully man.
- Jesus lived a sinless life, taught about the kingdom of God and how God wants us to live in this life. He died on the cross for the sins of the world, was raised from the dead by the power of the Spirit, and lives today at the right hand of the Father.
- If anyone desires the forgiveness of their sins, they must repent of their sins, believe that Jesus is the Son of God, and they will be forgiven.
- All those who are truly born again will seek to live out the teachings of Jesus, summarized by the two greatest commands: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind” and “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
- Jesus is coming one day to usher in his final and perfect kingdom on earth. On that day he will judge the living and the dead. All those who believe and obey Jesus will live forever with him in the new creation.
- The Bible is inspired by God and is therefore our ultimate and final authority for all matters of faith and practice.
STATEMENT OF MARRIAGE, SEXUALITY & GENDER
- According to God’s design and intent, sex difference (male and female) is an intrinsic part of what marriage is. While same-sex marriage is legal in some countries, it does not represent a historical, Christian view of marriage.
- God designed sexual relations to take place within the covenant bond of marriage.
- The Fall has corrupted God’s original intent for human sexuality in all persons; therefore, all people—straight or non-straight—experience corruption in their sexuality.
- Simply experiencing attraction to the same sex (or being gay) is not in itself a morally culpable sin.
- God desires all people to embrace their biological sex as part of their human identity.
- All forms of abuse, slander, dehumanization, or oppression toward fellow humans is an affront against God’s sacred image, which has been stamped upon all people.
CENTER FOR FAITH, SEXUALITY & GENDER
The Center for Faith, Sexuality & Gender (The Center) is a collaboration of Christian pastors, leaders, and theologians who aspire to be the Church’s most trusted source of theologically sound teaching and practical guidance on questions related to sexuality and gender. It seeks to address two primary needs in the church:
One, to help leaders cultivate a more robust biblical ethic of marriage, sexuality, and gender.
Two, to help churches and organizations create a safe and compassionate environment for LGBT+ people, their families, and anyone wrestling with their sexuality or gender identity.
To meet these two needs, The Center seeks to educate not only pastors and leaders, but to help these leaders educate the people they lead by providing small group material, educational videos, video-based courses, podcasts, blogs, youth curriculum, and other resources.
The Center for Faith, Sexuality & Gender is led by Dr. Preston Sprinkle (Ph.D. Aberdeen University). Preston is a theologian, an international speaker, and a New York Times bestselling author who has written numerous books including Embodied: Transgender Identities, the Church, and What the Bible Has to Say and People to Be Loved: Why Homosexuality Is Not Just an Issue. Preston has given talks to thousands of people on the topic of faith, sexuality, and gender. He and his wife, Chris, and their four children live in Boise, Idaho. Learn more about Preston on his website: prestonsprinkle.com.
Christian Sexuality is complete with powerful testimonies and expert commentaries. It’s made up of 25 interviews, including stories of those who experience sexual brokenness and sexual flourishing, expert commentaries about the Bible, our bodies and brains, and culture.
WRITTEN AND PRODUCED BY:
Sign Up to Be In-The-Know for the Series Release