WHY YOUTH LEADER TRAINING?
Christian Sexuality worked diligently to include several resources that will help facilitate conversations in your youth ministry. We also created a youth worker training meant to help youth pastors, church leaders, and volunteers dive deeper into the conversations surrounding sex, sexuality, and gender.
We know that it’s not enough to just quote Bible verses at youth, or to give a one-off message on sexuality and gender. It is your task, as a youth worker, to show how beautiful the Creator’s vision for human flourishing really is, so that our youth not only believe it – but desire it.
Typical schedule for a training: ½ day and full day options available with breaks and meals provided from the sponsor.
DURING COVID-19 we are offering a 2-hour online forum.
At This Forum, We Will Engage In Various Topics
Surrounding Sex, Sexuality and Gender, Including:
- Current cultural trends, and influences impacting our youth.
- Biblical framework for thinking about sex, sexuality, and gender.
- The impact you get to make in these conversations as a youth worker.
- Why language and posture is so important; learning nuances of these conversations.
- Communicating biblical truths which include God’s abundant grace.
- How to communicate the need to practice sexual integrity without losing the message of grace and God’s love.
- The importance of consistency in what we teach and do within the church.
- How to think theologically when it comes to same sex attraction and transgender identities.
- How to partner with parents and guardians in these conversations.
Those Who Attend Will Have Some Of The Most
Pressing Questions Answered, Such As:
- Are these awkward conversations really helpful, or even needed for that matter?
- What is sexual integrity and is it really all that different from sexual purity?
- Does God really say that sex outside of marriage is always wrong?
- Does the Bible really forbid same sex relationships?
- What makes pornography such a big deal?
- How do we address transgender identities in our youth ministry?
- How to pastor/lead same-sex attracted youth?
- How to create an environment that is both true to Scripture and inclusive of others?
Every youth worker will leave with resources to continue the conversation long after they leave. These include discounts on Chrisitan Sexuality, a handout for continued reference, and tools for you to use in your youth ministry.
SEE WHAT'S COMING NEXT
Host a Youth Leader Training
Sign Up to Be In-The-Know for the Series Release